The team at TransAgra recognizes the importance of sustainability in an ever-growing world with finite resources. Therefore our products are designed to improve the efficiency of food-production systems with minimal impact to the environment. Below are just some examples of how TransAgra’s products contribute to stewardship in agriculture and beyond.
- Our fermentation process is also a recycling process. The main active ingredients in all our products are derived from microbial fermentations which utilizes whey protein leftover from the cheese-making process. In other words, our fermentations “recycle” waste from cheese manufacturers.
- Our products help agriculture do its part to protect human medicine. Overuse of antibiotics, including those frequently administered to livestock, carries the risk of contributing to the development of resistant bacteria, including some which may be detrimental to human health. Fortunately, Culbac® animal supplements exist as a natural, non-medicated alternative to averting immunosuppression, thus reducing the need for antibiotics in animal husbandry.
- Reducing spoilage reduces waste. Culbac® Hay and Silage treatments enable farmers to harvest the maximum amount of nutrients from their acres while minimizing losses in storage.
- Improved nutrient intake by plants helps protect watersheds. The root-boosting qualities of Culbac® Plant biostimulants enable plants to increase their nutrient intake. By doing so, they reduce the amount of excess nutrients, such as nitrogen and phosphorus, that might run-off and impair streams, rivers and lakes.
- Efficiency is an essential factor in sustainability. Whether used in livestock or on crops, our diverse products help to conserve resources by producing more food with fewer inputs.
- All Culbac® products are natural, non-toxic and biodegradable. None of our products will harm people, plants, pets or wildlife when used as directed.